Welcome!

In the late 80's I gave away my entire sewing room and took up knitting. All my fabric stash, my notions and yes, even my sewing machine!! Since KK was born, I have gotten back into sewing. This blog is to post finished sewing projects and family news and photos.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lunch Buddy Valentine



I have been a Lunch Buddy at the local elementary school for the last 5 years. For 3 years I had a wonderful boy named Tim, who has gone on to Middle School. Last year they assigned me a little girl who is adorable. AND, best of all, she likes needle work. I am teaching her to knit this year and she is making her Mom and Grandmother dishcloths for Mother's Day. So, I made this needle wrap for her Valentine this year. She only has a few sets of needles but we are adding as we go.

Tomorrow I will work on my vintage pattern again. It isn't that much fun, really....rather tedious. Now, in my basket, I also have window treatments for DD, maternity tops I want to try for DDIL. Also, I have several muslins to make for KK as I think ahead. She will be 4 in April. Also, must knit the blanket for the bassinet and make a new liner. It may need a new coat of paint?

1 comment:

Linda T said...

That Lunch Buddy program sounds fun! It's also refreshing to find children who like needlework. I'm sure her knitted gifts will be appreciated!